TISSUES AND BONE
Over time, your mouth goes through considerable changes. Tissue shrinkage and loss of underlying bone (resorption) on which your dentures rest will occur.
Since your dentures do not change, they may no longer fit like they once did.
Having an annual oral exam may prevent or help detect the existence of oral cancer or other abnormal conditions.
MEDICAL OR DENTAL HISTORY
Updating both medical and dental history is an important step towards quality denture treatment.
FIT AND BITE OF YOUR EXISTING DENTURE
Worn out dentures can cause improper fit and bite which can lead to other problems. They can also cause changes in your ability to bite, your speech and your appearance.
THE INTEGRITY OF YOUR DENTURES
Your Denturist will check for cracks, chips, scratches, and worn or loose teeth.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR RECALL,RECARE VISIT
1) update your dental and medical history
2) intra oral examination
3) check the integrity of your denture
4) check the esthetics, stability and the bite
5) discuss options available to you based on your needs
6) review of oral hygiene procedures and denture care
7) cleaning and polishing of your dentures if required